1/14/13

Last week at home


So, if all goes as planned in the next several days, this will be our last full week at home.  My days are pretty intentional and busy right now, which is inevitable.  I guess the good thing is it keeps me from sitting and watching my clock, willing the days to go by.

I'm mostly finished packing, and accumulating supplies,  for the three of us who will be in China (Me, my hubby, and our new son)...the rest of the kids I'll pack for just before we leave.  They'll be going to some friends of ours so their packing will be pretty basic.

I've been trying to make up a few meals to have in my freezer for when we get back.  I did that while waiting for Silas to make his appearance 6 years ago too and it was nice to have.  With foster babies I didn't ever have more than a days notice so there really wasn't any prep time other than stuffing some things into a diaper bag and putting in an extra car seat.   I know making meals of substance will be the last thing I feel like doing once we get our son home.  I suspect my time will be better spent in the rocking chair bonding with my new child, or reconnecting with kids we haven't seen in two weeks once we get home.  I have the suspicion we'll be exhausted and jet lagged the first few days too.  Trying my best to think ahead. 



{some sort of turkey casserole}


A camera crew invaded our home this past weekend.  Or rather, our good friends, lugging their equipment came and set up in our house for the afternoon on Saturday.  They recruited Roman to be the microphone guy for a while. 


These guys have some crazy talent at making video stories.  I'm so excited that they're using their gifts and talent to capture some of our adoption journey.  I really don't know what the finished product will be like but I do know it will make much of Jesus and his gospel, it will be awesome (based on past projects of theirs), and it will be used as part of a video testimony with our church {Grace Fellowship}.  I'm excited to see what the finished product is! ..although it's not likely to be done until Spring.  It will likely be a few hours of footage cropped down into a few minutes of story, so I have no idea what will be in it and what will be cropped out but I trust their creative expertise completely.  It's their project, I'm just excited that some of our story and homecoming will be captured by something other than a phone camera.

  It was REALLY awkward to be in front of a video camera, under hot lights, being asked deep theological  questions.  At least they can edit out the parts where I looked like a deer in the head lights.  


I love this technological age we, by the providence of God, live in.   There are so many ways to use the Church's talents, resources, gifts, and voice for God's glory and to bear witness His faithfulness.   There is so much goodness to proclaim as we are humbled continually by God's amazing grace!  This God who takes a wretch like me, entitled to nothing that belongs to him, and makes me his own treasure.  
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.  In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.  In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished  upon us , in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.   In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will..."  Ephesians 1: 3-11

Adoption was always part of God's good plan.   Our adopting of orphaned and abandoned children only just mirrors in a small way what God has done for us.  Simply the overflow of a transformed and thankful heart!



{we all had fun sharing a couple meals, and some play time together }


In just two weeks we'll be hanging out with this little guy in our hotel room in China.  
In just 9 days we'll be leaving home with all our suitcases in tow.


"Shout for joy, O heavens; 
rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O mountains!
For the Lord comforts his people 
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." Isaiah 49:13



"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you" John 14: 18





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such an exciting nail-biting part of the journey you are on. I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I love how God has been leading you in this!! Amazing! I will be praying for great flights and an amazing time in your new son's home Country. I can't wait to cyper meet him through this post!