4/20/11

Glimpses of Childhood



Sleepy girl loves books.


 She also loves to act like big sister.

4th grade math and pre-pre-pre-pre-K handwriting.



The weather is sunny and almost warm today!
Warm enough to hang the diapers out to dry.  Yes, I feel a bit strange posting a picture of diapers, but that is how thrilled I am with this weather.  

This summer Aili will be 10.  Double digits. 
Once I get over the complete shock of that reality I have to admit,  
I really like this age.
Still young enough to play with dolls, build forts, and climb trees.
Old enough to be a good helper and to have some interesting conversations with.   
She doesn't care what she's wearing, or if her hair is a mess. 
She is just her, unique, imaginative, full of big ideas.


The kids are enjoying the sunshine and the dry patches of yard.
I am enjoying watching them being kids, outside.


This boy  is running, biking, jumping, climbing and flipping enough to make up for a winter's worth of being cooped up.  
This is one happy boy.  


My little mother hen looking after her brood.


These two really couldn't ask for a better big sister.  


Such simple moments.  So easily missed as life flies by.

No comments: