5/5/10

Happy Birthday Sis!

I never dreamed that I would ever really know you. Even after 13 years of marriage I doubted that I would ever meet my husband's only sister. I certainly never expected that you would become one of my very dearest friends and a true sister in Christ. It has been beautiful to watch God work in your life , transform and redeem it for His purpose. You exude true beauty inside and out!

God brought us all together in His timing, in His wisdom, and for His glory. It was all Him. I thank Him for that. Nathanael and I are both enjoying making up for the decades taken from us. You have been such a loving new auntie to my kids. They love you and their cousin already and we are looking forward playing together soon. I wish you lived closer!! I am so excited that ,even though the past is lost, the future holds so much promise for all of us.

You've shown me in a powerful way what faith can do....

You have been a blessing in our lives this past year and a half. In you, we have found a kind hearted, sincere, genuine and generous person. You have been not only an inspiration to me but an example of grace and maturity in the midst of turmoil and heart ache. We have laughed together, cried together, studied scripture together and spent countless hours on our knees interceding and seeking wisdom together.

The test of a true friend is someone who will challenge me to be a better person even if that means holding me to a higher account, lovingly challenging my bad attitude and redirecting me back to Christ. Someone who will risk being completely honest with me. The kind of friend who will tell me if there is spinach on my teeth or an unflattering and dangerous bitterness taking hold of my heart. Thank you for that. Thank you for your encouragement, prayers and sisterly love.



No one else makes me laugh until my belly aches like you do!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER! I wish I lived closer so I could give you a big hug, bake you a cake and make you feel super duper loved.

I picked out this new song especially for you...every word of it.


No comments: