10/31/09

A visit with old friends.


This morning we left ventured to a nearby town to visit some friends of ours. We met and became good friends with this family 4 years ago when we were here last. This little girl was born while we were here last time. She is beautiful!


Silas entertained himself with some of their toys. They live in a modest but adequate home by Mexican standards. It is definately different than any homes north of the border but persective changes quickly here...afterall we're living in a camping trailer ...everything seems spacious. :) They live in both a truck camper (without the truck under it) and a separate wood room. They are hoping to get electricity to their place next year. We enjoyed a visit and even brought home some homemade tortillas!


Dispite the language barrier these boys (who were both 2 years old last time they met) became good buds. I guess, like love...goofiness knows no barriers. :)


After our visit we all went out to a local taco stand for some fish tacos. I am in Mexican food heaven here! I ate three of them...no joke. I'm going to have to pace myself. It was a nice change from orphanage cafeteria food (as much as we appreciate it).

After lunch my family dropped my off at a Mexican version of starbucks :) for some coffee and computer time. Ahhhh...tacos, latte and blogging utopia.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: