7/19/09

Good Clean Fun


Yesterday we decided to visit a Provincial Park about 2 hours from our house that we'd never been to before. We met my twin sister, her two kids and my parents there for a hot day at the beach. Our afternoon included a mini birthday party for my sister and I (my mom even brought us a cake!). Our birthday isn't until Monday but it was fun to do something while we were together.

The kidlets entertained themselves quite nicely all afternoon.
We only lost track of Roman for about 20 minutes or so. He came wandering back from his adventure treck hot tired and oblivious to the fact that we had been looking for him. I really wasn't worried...he always makes his way back.
Everyone else kept cool in the lake but Roman preferred to play up in and explore the rocks and sanddunes. I'm surprised he didn't get heat exhaustion.


Silas the mud monster.
I wonder what SPF protection factor mud has?



Aili in her mud pit.
I stuck my feet in before we left, mostly to see what the great attraction was.
It actually felt really good.

Its amazing how much work goes into one afternoon at the lake.
swim gear
sand toys
towels
bottles
cooler of
sandwiches
thermos of hot water to warm the bottles
diaper bags
toddler swim diapers
extra long sleeved clothes
sweaters
sunscreen
juice boxes
Benadryl and Epi-pens for allergy boy
life jackets
sunhats


The trip home and clean up with 4 kids is never dull either.
sand in everything and everyone
juice spilled in car
poop in the car seat
bags full of dirty sandy sticky wet stuff.

But its worth it to enjoy the moments pictured above!

Good time had by all.

I don't know if the baby enjoyed the heat and wind much. I think he swallowed more of the fresh air than he breathed.
Last night he was fussing and letting out the air most of the night.

"Cub" getting big and chubby now. He is 5 weeks old today and is starting to loose some of the newborn look.
He's got big round brown eyes and chipmunk cheeks. He's the kind of baby that likes to hold himself up and look at the world. Unless he's asleep his head doesn't touch my shoulder. He's a strong little guy. Not much of a snuggler but he puts up with lots of smooches and snuggles from us anyway :)
Oh, and he's just starting to smile.
Not real generous with them yet but he's flashed me a few heart melters.

I'm trying hard not to think about the phone call and the day I will have to give him up.
It will come at some point in the next couple months.
It would be kind of nice to know but at the same time not knowing is good too.

We are getting excited for our trip south in October. We have 2 new sponsor children at the orphanage we will be working at this winter.
A brother and sister about Aili and Roman age named Lluvia and Jesus.
When we sponsor kids at the orphanage we become their "Tia and Tio" Aunt and Uncle.
We become part of their family even if we never actually see them in person.

We are really excited to not only visit them but to spend 6 months hanging out with and spoiling them.
They have two younger siblings in the nursery there as well.
If you would like to sponsor one of these precious children and become a Tia or Tio go
here
(if my link doesn't work go to http://www.ffhm.org/ )
If you pick a child from the Baja orphanage let me know!
I will send you some pictures of your precious little one and tell you all about them once we get down there.




I mentioned in on of my recent posts that I've put my kids out to pasture for the summer. I've decided to take it to a whole new level. This should take care of the potty troubles.

See ya in the fall buddy...hope the foraging is good.

:)


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wisdom for Today said...

Visiting from Lauren's. Love your blog:)

Lauren said...

Your blog is so CUTE!!! I wanted to stop by and say thank you for following my blog!! :P Be blessed today!!